Easter speaks to us of letting go – of risking the life and the world we know and love for a life and a world of even greater loving. The practice of fasting will:
- train us to RISK letting go of the familiar, to make do without the seemingly indispensable
- heighten our awareness of hunger and poverty in the world
- to overcome our fear of change and to embrace growth
This Lent, consider practicing fasting:
- joining the rest of the universal Church in observance of the Lenten Fast
- choose to add your own day/time of fasting to heighten your awareness for the ways God nourishes you
- abstaining from negative talk (complaining, stereotypes, etc.)
North Lawndale Kinship Initiative
The senior students at North Lawndale College Prep. are preparing to present their Senior Projects to panels of judges during the week of March 26-30. The school would love to have even more judges on these panels, so if you can spare part of a morning or afternoon to support a few students in this way, e-mail Nashon Mosely email@example.com and Keara Ette firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check back here often for additional resources, posts and events relating to the practice of Almsgiving through this Lenten season.