Easter speaks to us of restored relationships, of forgiveness and reconciliation, of people living as sisters and brothers. The practice of almsgiving:
- brings to light our dependence on each other
- calls us to reexamine the hidden roots of poverty and suffering
- challenges us to include justice as a part of all our decision making – in our work, our families, our civic lives, our investment choices, and our financial purchases.
This Lent, consider practicing almsgiving:
- by looking into getting involved in our North Lawndale Kinship Initiative*
- finding ways to support the works for justice going on in our city and neighborhoods
- responding with grace and generosity to requests for your time
- reassess where your time, attention, resources are going and possibly make adjustments so that they are aligned with your deepest values
Check back here often for additional resources, posts and events relating to the practice of Fasting through this Lenten season.