February – March 2017
What social issues do YOU care about?
TELL US. We are here to LISTEN!
SIGN UP HERE for a 1:1 conversation with a Listener
SIGN UP HERE to meet your neighbors and attend a House Meeting in your neighborhood
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions/ideas!
WHY a listening campaign?
- We want to unify as a church and we want to make a real impact. There’s a lot going on in our world and at Old St. Pat’s. Folks are telling us to find a more specific area of focus that will unify us as a church and allow us to impact people’s lives in a truly meaningful way. We want to get to the heart of the issue, the root causes, the systemic injustices – the factors that cause homelessness, violence, and poverty.
- People want to be heard. OSP members and friends like you listen each week on Sundays, so this is a chance for US to listen to YOU! We want to make space for you to tell us where the Holy Spirit is leading us to take action and live in solidarity with people marginalized in our city and our world.
WHAT is a listening campaign?
- A Listening Campaign is a focused effort to build relationships and identify concerns and priorities in a specific community.
- We’ll listen to you in 1:1 coffee conversations, small group “house meetings” with neighbors across the city/suburbs, and listening sessions directly following masses on specific Sundays. These conversations ask you questions like, “What social issues matter to you personally? What obstacles do you face in taking action on what you care about? Where will Old St. Pat’s make a tangible impact – what will be be known for?”
- Goals are to build relationships, identify leaders and their skills and assets, and more clearly surface priority values and social issues to focus on as a whole church. The campaign helps a group of people feel linked to each other and brings up identified common experiences and concerns. We will start to create the map for where we want to go from here.
HOW do I participate?
- I’d like to have a coffee conversation with someone 1:1 and share my thoughts. – Great! SIGN UP HERE and our coordinators, Mary and Renee, will work to match you with a Listener (another OSP member). You’ll set up a time to meet, share your thoughts, and engage in the listening campaign.
- I’m interested in meeting OSP neighbors in a house meeting and talking in a group. – Awesome! SIGN UP HERE and our coordinators, Melissa, Brendan, and Mary, will work to find a house meeting in your area (or you can host one yourself!).
- I want to be trained as a Listener and work to support this campaign. – Fantastic! Email email@example.com, and we will find an outlet for your gifts and energy.
Thanks everyone! Eager to LISTEN UP and hear your ideas in the weeks to come.
Organizer, Mission for Social Justice
Old St. Patrick’s Church