Old St. Pat’s appeal is so strong that it draws parishioners from more than 200 zip codes. This is both a blessing and a curse. The parishioners feel a strong connection to the church, but are not always connected to each other.
The men of Old St. Pat’s build fellowship by working together in support of the
church’s service organizations and celebrate their impact at regular social events.
Two Pronged Solution
The Men’s Group makes connections, develops a sense of community and builds fellowship across zip codes (and across generations) through shared volunteer experiences and light-hearted social events and celebrations.
Service: The OSP Men’s Group provides “manpower” to serve the church’s other service organizations and to support its special initiatives. The members serve as a SWAT team of sorts, answering the bell when volunteers are needed.
Celebration: The group is serious about its volunteerism, but it is not a serious group. The group’s social events are light-hearted and designed to build fellowship through humor and genuine celebration of the impact that the members’ service efforts have produced.
Recent events include a pig roast, an evening of trivia and beer tasting, and a chili cook off.
If you are interested in getting to know some of the other guys filling the pews of Old St. Pat’s, click here or sign up below to receive emails about upcoming volunteer opportunities and social events.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
- Monthly Breakfast: Every 4th Thursday
- 7:00am to 8:30am open house at Palace Grill – 1408 W. Madison St.
- June 14th 5:30 – 8 pm 2018 – Special Forces Night
- Please join the men of Old St. Pat’s on Flag Day in a Salute to Service with Steve Fitzgerald, Captain, U.S. Navy (Retired). Captain Fitzgerald will share his experiences over 24 years in the SEAL Teams of the U.S. Navy… and the ultimate service organization, the US Armed Forces.
- Location: Roof Deck at the Merchandise Mart
- Click here to read more about Captain Steve Fitzgerald.
- Click here to register.
- August 30th 2018 – 2nd Annual Pig Roast
- Right before Labor Day 2017, the first ever Men’s Group event was a roaring success. 150 men gathered for an old fashioned pig roast in the OSP courtyard. Join the Men’s Group for its second annual evening of Swine Dining.
- November 8, 2018 – 2nd Annual Trivia & Beer Night
- The winners of the first ever Men’s Group trivia contest at Great Central Brewing Company’s taproom are rumored to have cheated (and immediately sought Reconciliation). Join us for an evening of sports, beer and OSP trivia as we continue the tradition of (mostly) healthy competition.
- February 21, 2019 – 2nd Annual Chili Cook Off
- Despite by a snowstorm that caused a three-week postponement, the inaugural chili cook off was nothing short of HOT. Join us to see who will be named “Top Chili” in 2019.