Old St. Pat’s appeal is so strong that it draws parishioners from more than 200 zip codes. This is both a blessing and a curse. The parishioners feel a strong connection to the church, but are not always connected to each other. The purpose of Men’s Group is to build connections across zip codes and generations.
The men of Old St. Pat’s build fellowship by working together in support of the
church’s service organizations and celebrate their impact at regular social events.
THREE LEGS OF THE STOOL
The Men’s Group makes connections, develops a sense of community and builds fellowship across zip codes (and across generations) through shared volunteer experiences, light-hearted social events and a monthly discussion series.
The OSP Men’s Group provides “manpower” to support the church’s other service organizations and assist with its special initiatives. The members serve as a SWAT team of sorts, answering the bell when volunteers are needed.
The group is serious about its volunteerism, but it is not a serious group. The social events are light-hearted and designed to build fellowship through humor and genuine celebration of the impact that the members’ service efforts have produced.
Recent events include a pig roast, an evening of trivia and beer tasting, and a chili cook off.
The Men’s Group also develops a community through a monthly “Joes Having Joe” round table discussion series. The discussions give the men of Old St. Pat’s an opportunity to get to get to know, and learn from, each other while chewing the fat about a “purposeful discussion” topic of the month.
If you are interested in getting to know some of the other guys filling the pews of Old St. Pat’s, click here or sign up below to receive emails about upcoming volunteer opportunities and social events.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
- Joes Having Joe Roundtable: Every 1st Friday
- 7:00 – 8:30 in 711 W. Monroe
- Monthly Breakfast: Every 4th Thursday
- 7:00am to 8:30am open house at Palace Grill – 1408 W. Madison St.
- January 20 (Sunday, 2 – 6pm) Chili, Champions & Cheers, Chili Cook Off and NFC Championship game
- March 28 (Thursday, 6 – 9pm) Sweet 16 NCAA basketball viewing
- Join the Men of Old St. Pat’s for the first game of the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA basketball tournament. Fellowship, beverages and vittles will be featured.