Get the most out of myOSP
- Tell us about yourself (including cell phone carrier) (My Profile -> Edit Profile)
- We will text you in case of any emergency closings and/or changes in locations of your events.
- Edit your information once and every ministry you are a part of will have your correct information.
- Upload your photo and a family photo! ((My Profile -> Click on the Camera)
- With so many people at OSP, we like to put a face with a name. Give us your best mug shot :)
- Update your privacy settings (My Profile -> Actions -> Privacy)
- We value your privacy and treat your information with the utmost care. It’s easy to select the information you want (and don’t want) to share with others. By default, all information except your name is private.
- Set your communication preferences (My Profile -> Actions -> Communication Preference)
- You can choose how frequently you would like to receive updates (via e-mail and/or text) from your ministry groups and if you would like them to be able to text you.
- Take an opportunity to check out the different ministry groups at OSP
- Can’t find something you are looking for? Let us know! email@example.com
What is it? myOSP is more than a digital church directory, it is a community-building platform meant to connect the 3,000+ families of OSP who live all over Chicagoland and beyond. It is not just a way to update your giving information, but it does that too. It is the one-stop engagement platform to register for any event at OSP, communicate with your ministry groups and more. All ministries, groups, and programs at OSP will be using it if they are are not already.
Why: We live in a digital age! Many of our groups are already taking advantage of digital platforms to communicate. Not only will myOSP allow you more easily to manage your involvement at OSP online and communicate with your ministries, but it also allows for significant efficiencies on the staff side allowing the staff to spend more time in ministry to you. We can also better reach out to you about events that might interest you, no more wishing you would have known about a certain event!
What is in it for me?
- Control all privacy and communication settings.
- View your giving history, print off year end financial statements, and pledge progress.
- Set-up a recurring gift or change your credit card on your current recurring gift.
- Search for and find ministry groups you are interested in joining.
- Communicate directly with fellow group members.
- Save time to register for events by logging in before registering and your information will automatically populate.
- No more trying to find registration links, a centralized home for all events.
- A personalized and family calendar you can sync to your phone with the OSP events that interest you and when you are serving.
- A new way to connect with other OSP Members near and far!
Is my data secure?
Yes, your data is secure and Old St. Pat’s takes all possible steps necessary to ensure it is protected! Security is of the utmost importance. myOSP’s software has been vetted by a number of private and public organizations and is used by thousands of churches across the country.
What if I am a very private person and I’m nervous about putting information into myOSP?
It is very important to understand the difference between what you put into myOSP and what you choose to share. To allow the staff of Old St. Pat’s to better minister to you, it is requested that you put as much information in the system as possible. However, from a privacy perspective, once you’ve entered that information, you may choose to display as much or as little of that information to the rest of the church members as you choose.
Can you explain the privacy setting options?
You have three different privacy setting options which “dial” up or down who can see specific pieces of information. For every piece of information you enter, you can select a privacy setting:
- Everybody: This is the highest level for viewing. If someone has a username and password in myOSP, they can see the information in this field.
- My Group Members: Fields with this setting can be viewed by members of ministry groups where the members are allowed to communicate with one another. Appropriate OSP staff can view the information as well.
- Church Leadership Only: This is the lowest level for viewing. Fields with this setting can only be viewed by appropriate OSP staff.
What are you doing with my data?
We are doing nothing different with your data now than we were doing before: we analyze general trends to help cater our ministries to the needs of our community.
Is myOSP another form of social media?
No. Although we are excited by the many ways myOSP can help strengthen the the OSP community and increase connectivity; it is not a social media tool. myOSP does not allow for personal broadcasting and there are no blogs, tweets, posts, or “likes”.
Can I add people to my family in myOSP?
Only the church administration can add people to myOSP database. If you would like to add a family member, submit this form.
Where can I go if I need help getting logged in or using the system?
You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org or our main office phone number (312-648-1021) and we will be happy to help you!
Who can see children’s names?
Users cannot see information on children if they are under the age of 18. Only appropriate staff and trained volunteer leaders can see their names.
Who can see my giving?
Only a limited number of staff in our Advancement and Development departments can see your giving information.
My spouse and I have the same email address, can we share our account?
It is best practice for each individual to have their own email address. Each spouse will have their own login information to myOSP.
What types of calendars are in myOSP?
There are three types of calendars in myOSP:
1. Your personal calendar (“My calendar”) shows specific events or meetings of any groups in which you are involved.
2. The Church wide calendar shows events happening in the life of the church
3. Public calendar shows events that are open to the general public (non-myOSP users)
What behavior do we want change?
There will be one centralized signup, registration and communication tool that all ministries will communicate through. You no longer need to reach out to different ministries/departments to update your contact information or ask about getting connected to current ministries or programs at Old St. Pat’s. You can easily do that all through myOSP. Having said that, our staff and leaders will always be here to have a conversation with you, answer questions, and help offer any guidance we can. myOSP is meant to be a tool to enhance engagement in the life of Old St. Pat’s - not to take away the person-to-person contact or relationships between members and the Old St. Pat’s staff and leaders who are here to serve.
What if I did not receive a login email?
Click here to request an account. Within one business day, you will be emailed your username and password.